MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) is one of the best and most well-known emulator for arcade game lovers. This is a free and open-source emulator. MAME emulator was released in 1997 to support 7000 unique and 10000 arcade game ROMS.
Table of Contents
MAME emulator allows you to play games from many companies like Capcom, Neo Go, Namco, and Sega arcade systems, plus some older home consoles and personal computers. These Roms are also called MAME Bios.
- MAME ROMs are game image files that are used to play arcade games in the MAME emulator.
- Software List ROMs are the home computer games and console games.
- CHD files, Compressed Hunks of Data, are the CD ROM and Laser Disk data.
- CHD SL (CHD Software List) files are the home computer software and console software.
- MAME Extras provides game icons and emulator overlay images.
Latest Mame ROMs Pack
Mame ROMset 0.260 is currently the latest MAME ROMs Pack. Mame 0.260 was released on 25 Oct 2023. This pack contains a huge collection of the latest MAME Games and Bios. You can download Latest MAME ROM set 2023 below.
MAME ROMs Pack Full
Here is the collection of complete Mame ROMs. You can download all Mame ROMset including the latest from the below.
MAME 0.260 ROMs Set
MAME 0.260 ROMs Set is one of the latest MAME ROMs pack in the Mame ROMs series.
|MAME 0.260 Individual files||Download|
|ROMs Full 0.260 (Merged, 72.07GB torrent, 100+ seeds):||Torrent|
|CHDs Update 0.251 to 0.252 (Merged, 12.11GB torrent, 100+ seeds):||Torrent|
|CHDs Full 0.260 (Merged, 927.98GB torrent, 100+ seeds)||Torrent|
What’s new in those pack
MAME modules use to handle input and output (e.g. video, sound and controllers) have been cleaned up, resolving lots of bugs and resource leaks. To start with, the BGFX video module has undergone a thorough overhaul. Numerous issues affecting artwork rendering have been fixed, and switching to full screen resolution no longer crashes. MAME now stores many wonderful BGFX video settings.
For Windows users, additional XInput controls are supported, including the Fender Stratocaster guitar, the DJ Hero turntable, and the Rock Band keyboard. For SDL users, a brand-new joystick input module making use of the SDL game controller API is available. This provides consistent assignments for most popular gamepads, and enables you to configure your own button and joystick mapping.
The MSX updates are still ongoing: this version supports MSX-DOS2 and RAM expansions. The Hyper Neo Geo 64 has received some awesome updates for both 2D and 3D graphics, and there should be more to come in the next version. Near-term technological innovations will affect Apple II video, and in the midst of this spectrum, S3 ViRGE has reached a point where 256 colors can be produced.
MAME 0.243 ROM set
Mame 0.243 ROMs set is available to download. You can get the Mame Bios and Merged ROMs files below. This pack contains support of more games.
|Arcade system with 8000 Games||Get System|
|Mame 0.43 Bios Pack||Download|
|Mame 0.43 Merged ROMs||Download|
MAME 0.242 ROMs Pack
Mame 0.242 ROMs Pack is LaserDisc-based arcade system support is also added. Mame 0.242 was released on 01, April 2022. Time Traveler is the only game supported by this System. More MAME 0.242 has the support of Rockwell B5000 family microcontrollers means now it works on several electronic toys, calculators, and Mattel.
|Mame Games + Console||Get Console|
|Mame 0.242 ROMs Pack||Download|
|MAME 0.242 Windows command-line binaries||Download|
|MAME 0.242 driver information in XML format||zip|
Mame 0.241 is released in 2022. This is also known as one of the best MAME sets in the series. This set has the support of many new cartridges. You can download the pack below.
|Mame Games Console+ 3300 Builtin Games||3300 Games Pack|
|MAME 0.241 ROMs Pack||Download|
|Mame 0.241 ROM Pack Zip||Zip|
Mame ROMset 0.37b5
Mame ROMset 0.37b5 is one of the awesome Mame ROMset. This pack contains 2276 games, a Complete collection of audio samples, and DAT files.
|Mame Games Console+ 3300 Builtin Games||3300 Games Pack|
|Mame ROMset 0.37b5.zip||Download Zip|
|Mame ROMset 0.37b5 torrent||Download Torrent|
MAME 0.236 ROMs Pack
0.236 contains all Mame ROMs. You can download these ROMs from below.
MAME 0.232 ROMs Pack
MAME 0.228 ROMs Pack
MAME 0.219 ROMs Pack
MAME 0.218 ROMset
MAME 0.202 ROMset
MAME 0.201 ROMs (Merged)
|MAME 0.201 ROMs||Download|
MAME 0.197 ROMset
MAME 0.193 Rom Collection
MAME 0.185 ROMs Pack
MAME 0.161 CHDs ROMset
MAME 0.151 ROM Packs
Mame 0.139 ROMset
MAME 2016 ROMset
|MAME 2016 ROMset||Download|
MAME 2015 ROMset
|MAME 2015 ROMset||Download|
MAME 2010 ROMset
|MAME 2010 ROMset||Download|
MAME 2006 ROMset
|MAME 2006 ROMset||Download|
MAME 2003 ROMset
|MAME 2003 ROMset||Download|
MAME 2000 ROMset
|MAME 2000 ROMset||Download|
MAME, which stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, is an open-source software project that emulates the hardware of numerous arcade machines and gaming consoles. It allows users to play retro arcade games and console games on their computers or other devices.
MAME aims to preserve the history of arcade gaming by accurately emulating the original hardware, including the microprocessors, sound chips, and video display systems of various arcade machines. By doing so, MAME ensures that these games can be enjoyed and experienced even long after their original hardware has become obsolete or rare.
How to Install MAME Emulator
- Download MAME Emulator.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded archive to a folder on your computer. You can use a file archiver tool like 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract the files.
- Open the extracted folder and locate the “mame64.exe” (for 64-bit Windows) or “mame.exe” (for 32-bit Windows) file. This is the main executable file for running MAME.
- Create a new folder where you want to store your ROMs (game files). This folder can be located anywhere on your computer. For example, you can create a folder named “MAME ROMs” on your desktop.
- Obtain MAME ROMs. You can download ROMs from above.
- Copy the downloaded ROM files into the ROMs folder you created in step 4.
- Return to the folder where you extracted the MAME emulator files. Look for a file called “mame.ini” and open it with a text editor (like Notepad).
- In the “mame.ini” file, you’ll find a line that says “rompath”. Uncomment that line by removing the semicolon (;) at the beginning and set the path to the folder where you copied the ROMs. For example, if your ROMs folder is located at “C:\MAME ROMs”, the line should look like this:iniCopy code
rompath C:\MAME ROMs
- Save the changes to the “mame.ini” file and close it.
- Now, you can run MAME by double-clicking on the “mame64.exe” (or “mame.exe”) file.
- MAME will launch, and you should see a command prompt window along with a graphical user interface (GUI) that lists available games. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate through the game list.
- Select a game by highlighting it and pressing the Enter key. MAME will attempt to load and run the selected game.
To configure the MAME emulator, follow these steps:
- Launch the MAME emulator by double-clicking on the “mame64.exe” (or “mame.exe”) file.
- Once MAME has launched, you’ll see a command prompt window along with a graphical user interface (GUI) that lists available games.
- Press the Tab key on your keyboard. This will bring up the MAME menu.
- In the MAME menu, you’ll find various options for configuring the emulator. Here are some important ones:
- Input (general): Allows you to configure the general input settings, such as keyboard controls, joystick settings, and other input devices.
- Video: Provides options for configuring the video settings, such as display resolution, aspect ratio, and full-screen mode.
- Sound: Allows you to configure the sound settings, such as the audio device, volume, and sample rate.
- Controllers: Enables you to configure specific controllers for games that require unique input devices, such as light guns or trackballs.
- Miscellaneous: Contains additional options for configuring various aspects of the emulator, such as the user interface, screen rotation, and save state behavior.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate through the menu options. Press Enter to select a specific option.
- Within each menu option, you’ll find submenus and settings that you can modify. Use the arrow keys to navigate through the settings and make changes as desired.
- After making changes to a setting, press the Esc key to go back to the previous menu or the main MAME menu.
- Once you have finished configuring the emulator settings, exit the MAME emulator by pressing the Esc key repeatedly until you return to the command prompt window or by selecting the “Quit” option from the MAME menu.
- The emulator will save your configuration settings, and the next time you launch MAME, it will use the configured settings.
Also See–> Nintendo DS ROMset